In Las Vegas, it gets extremely hot; we are dependent on the air conditioning systems that cool our homes, offices, and cars. When they do not work we are beside ourselves. Which is very understandable, when the temperatures are so hot, you could wrap a roast in tin foil, and bake it if you set it on the black asphalt in the sun?
When you first notice your air conditioning is not working call for air conditioning repair right away
When you notice that your home or office is getting warmer, or not cooling off like it has in the past go to the thermostat and make sure the unit is turned on. If you have a digital thermostat and the screen is blank change the batteries. If your thermostat is not working your air conditioning system will not work.
If the problem is not the thermostat here are a few things that you can check before calling for air conditioning repair
- Check the breaker- go to the electrical panel and make sure that the breaker has not popped.
- Check the filters- dirty air filters will cause you to get restricted air flow, and can cause the coils to freeze up. Once the coils freeze up you need to wait for them to thaw out before you will get any relief. Change the filters out and put the thermostat on fan only to help melt the ice.
- Feel the air coming out of the air vents- is it blowing hot air? Is it blowing no air? Is the air cool but there is so little of it that you know it is not working right? Each one of these signifies a different problem. You need to call an air conditioning repair company immediately, but tell the air conditioning repair company what you are experiencing. This way the air conditioning repair tech has an idea of what to look for before they even get to the air conditioner.
So you wonder why the air conditioning repair company can not give you a solid estimate over the phone of what it will cost to get your air conditioning repaired. Well for every symptom your air conditioner is showing there can be four to five different reasons.
- No air coming out of your vents- your blower motor is not working. But this does not mean that you absolutely need a new blower motor, it just means for some reason it is not kicking on. There could be four different reasons of why it is not coming on. One of which is that you need a new blower motor. Don’t wait call out an air conditioning repair tech to get you back in cool air now.
- No cool air is coming out of your vents- this means that the compressor is not working correctly. But again this does not necessarily mean that you need a new compressor, you could need a part that has to work for the compressor to work right. Call an air conditioning repair company right away to get your air conditioner working again.
- Cool but small amount of air coming from vents- this means that your coils are frozen; once again there could be a number of reasons why this has happened. Dirty coils, dirty filters, low refrigerant, or even a control board could need to be replaced to mention a few of the reasons that you have frozen coils. You will need to call an air conditioning repair company to come out and fix your air conditioner as soon as possible.
Keeping our cool is not easy when its ninety degrees in the house and the temperature is rising. Call a licensed air conditioning repair company as soon as you notice a problem